Thursday, May 7, 2009

My First Day

Monday May 4, 2009 was my first day working as a marketing associate at CoachingOurselves. One of the founders, Phil LeNir, sat down with me to tell me what I had on my plate for the next four months. There was a great deal of information to take in as I tried to comprehend the amount of work that was in front of me. This process lasted for the entire day and continued into Tuesday morning.

On Monday evening, I attended the SPB and CoachingOurselves Partnership Kick-Off Cocktail with Professor Henry Mintzberg and Phil LeNir. The room was filled with excitement and chatter as numerous HR professionals filled La Cave at the Intercontinental Hotel to hear about this new partnership. The night began with some light refreshments & hors d’oeuvres and proceeded with a talk from Professor Henry Mintzberg, a presentation from Phil LeNir, and a concluding statement from Pierre Gauthier, President of SPB.

The expertise that our partners at SPB bring will allow the approach and content of CoachingOurselves to lead to positive changes in the organization. As a result, CoachingOurselves can develop managers in three ways: as individuals, the group as a team, and then together the team can undertake initiatives that will positively change their organization.

There was a great deal of information to take in on Monday, and no doubt it was a long day, but it was great because so many new and exciting things are happening at CoachingOurselves. The SPB Kick-Off cocktail was a great way for me to finish off my first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment