Friday, May 22, 2009

Settling In

I am nearing the end of my third week as a marketing associate for CoachingOurselves. I am finally learning the ropes and settling into my new job. I have been quite busy the past few weeks familiarizing myself with the industry through articles and blogs, creating the newsletter, editing the website, updating the management resources page, aiding in the organization of a partner conference, updating the CRM system, creating program flowcharts, attending SPB partnership kick-offs, and the list goes on. Throughout all these tasks I have become acquainted with the various systems that help facilitate all of these things, and it never ceases to amaze me. I created a CoachingOurselves LinkedIn group to discuss, debate, and share experiences related to the CoachingOurselves approach; I can then sign onto Google Analytics to directly monitor the website traffic and see how many people are visiting the CoachingOurselves website because of the LinkedIn group. Now that's a way to measure results! I can actually see the direct impact of a particular marketing effort!

I am also in the process of creating a marketing proposal that I will submit to my boss, the Executive Director Phil LeNir, for a few ideas that I have. I have just found a way to link every effort together rather nicely and am looking forward to the end result.

For now, my marketing success story over the past few weeks is definitely LinkedIn.

No comments:

Post a Comment